Monday, May 07, 2018

Design Wall Monday

12" star swap blocks
Star blocks are on my design wall today. Carol is hosting a "Wish Upon A Star" blog hop later in the month and I am making my project from old star blocks. There are 3 groups of blocks that I found in the UFO cupboard, from three different periods of time.  The 12" blocks are from a block swap from many years ago, and as is often the case with swap blocks, they are variations of the 12" size.


6" star blocks
Then there are two other piles of star blocks... 6" and 9". I have no idea what these were supposed to be for. I know the 6" block at the top was an experiment and it needs some repair to be useable.

I think the 9" blocks may have been for a star sampler that I lost interest in, and they all have the same background fabric. I have the dark blue scrap bin out and it is my goal to make a quilt for the blog hop from these varied star blocks. I put them up on the wall and told them to talk amongst themselves, and tell me how to build a quilt with them. I hope they come up with some good ideas for me in time to have a finished quilt by May 24th, which is my blog hop day!
To see more design wall postings, hop over to Small Quilts.

9 comments:

SandraC said...

"variations of the 12" size" - I like that 😊

Deanna W said...

Good luck with your stars...at least they are usable sizes to play together nicely. Can't wait to see what you do!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I always love star blocks they fit in quilts so nicely

Bonnie said...

Are you going to talk to the blocks a little every day to encourage their effort? All those wonderful blocks should make an interesting quilt.

MissPat said...

I love that you told the blocks to talk amongst themselves. Can't wait to see what "they" come up with.

Mary said...

Fun Stars. Listen carefully to those blocks. Lol

Kate said...

That's a fun group of blocks to work with. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with them. Good luck, I hope they all got along this week.

Louise said...

"Talk amongst themselves"...ha! Good looking batch of stars. I'm sure they will come up with a plan together :)

Judy Hansen said...

Well, I'm staying tuned to see what your star blocks have decided to be! Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday, Judy