Monday, March 05, 2018

Design Wall Monday

Ringo Lake is back on the design wall today and some progress has been made. 16 blocks are now sewn together. My version of this Quiltville mystery doesn't have any sashing. The sashing blocks are going to become the borders. I really like the square in a square block that appears in the corners when there is no sashing separating the blocks.

Lots of block parts are made and ready to assemble into more blocks.

Making blocks is my favourite thing  but sewing rows together is not. So I am joining them in sets of 4. The top photo shows 4 groups of 4 blocks sewn together. 

It takes a lot of pins to match all those seams.



And just look at my adorable new pincushion that my friend Diane gave me. She got it at the Quilter's Hall of Fame! Using this lovely pin cushion makes using all these pins much more fun!

To see more design wall postings, hop over to Small Quilts.

And speaking of small quilts, the Small, Smaller, Smallest blog hop starts today. Here's the list of blogs to visit:
March 5



12 comments:

Ramona said...

Your On Ringo Lake colors are beautiful... so soothing. I used the sashing as borders, too, but had a problem and need to spend some time with my seam ripper. :(

Gretchen Weaver said...

I like your quilt without the sashing between the blocks better than the original quilt. Lovely quilt!

Mary said...

I like your colors! Pins are your friend with this Mystery. Have fun getting it done.

chrisknits said...

Your Ringo Lake will be stunning! I like the non sashing layout.

AnnieO said...

I’m with you on sewing blocks and not rows for fun:). Your setting is looking great.
Cute pincushion!

Louise said...

Looking good, Kathy! I'm a row sewer, myself. I find I get more confused trying to put together big blocks than just sticking with rows. Isn't it funny how everyone's brain works a little differently?

Churn Dash said...

I love how ORL looks without sashing.

What a cute pin cushion.

Helen

Suzanne said...

I like your version of Ringo Lake!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Oh Kathy, I love your version of Ringo! Great work

canuckquilter said...

I really love your version of this quilt. Like you I like that secondary pattern that appears when you set these blocks without sashing. The colors are right up my alley too :)

Teresa said...

A beautiful, interesting quilt. Love all the great secondary patterns.

CathyB said...

How big is this ringo lake quilt?