Sunday, February 18, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the Slow Sunday Stitching party! We meet here every Sunday to celebrate the art of all varieties of hand stitching. If it involves a needle or 2, and some thread/yarn/wool, and stitches taken with your hands, we want to know about it!
Last week I posted about the slow stitching olympics and it was fun to hear about your long time UFOs. We had many contenders, and Deb was definitely in the running with her hand pieced and hand quilted log cabin project from 1989. Way to go Deb!
And congratulations to all you slow stitchers who persist, who keep making progress and never give up. It's hard to maintain a vision and enthusiasm for a project over many years. You are inspiring!

This is the embroidery design I finished this week. This is one of the three January patterns for Gail Pan's Send My Love BOM. It took me 2 weeks to finish the flower on the right and the little bee. Oh well, slow progress is still progress.


What are you hand stitching today? Share your slow progress with us and link up your blog post below.

   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

14 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow 29 years is impressive to be working on a project! Your little January BOM is so sweet. It's difficult to get much done with the Olympics on, can't take my eyes off the screen or I'll miss something!

Turid said...

Such a sweet embroidery. I have linked my La Passion, as usual. When I finish all the 17 000 hexies soon, I've worked with this project almost 5 years when it's finished. And what will I do then?

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your embroidery is very cute. Every stitch is one stitch more towards being finished. Hand work is supposed to be relaxing and fun. Have a relaxing stitching day.

Created by Kathi said...

Love your embroidery and your fun header on your blog too! Thanks for the Linky each Sunday.. it is my sanity to reach for it to link to!!! Kathi

SandraC said...

Your block is sweet....especially the bee!

Kate said...

Very pretty and spring-like block. Happy stitching this week.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

cute embroidery and have a nice slow Sunday!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Lovely spring stitching! Looks like we are in for some thawing temps over the next while. Have a relaxing day

Deb said...

Love your sweet bee hand embroidery, I am a big fan of Gail Pan's designs.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

lovely stitchery.....xx

Cathy Tomm said...

Great stitching, love the little bee. It has been a while that I linked up on Sunday. The Olympics are a great reason to hand stitch.

Miaismine said...

Your stitching is so beautiful! I'm happy to see more and more embroidery projects - that was my first love as a girl....Thank you for the wonderful link up!

AnnieO said...

Cute Bee skep! Yes, these projects do tend to take a long time when you don't work on them, LOL!

Angie in SoCal said...

Little by Little is progress. I wonder which one you will work on next.