Sunday, January 29, 2017

Slow Beaders



Welcome to the weekly Slow Sunday Stitching party! If you enjoy creative hand stitching, you are one of us!



Jackie's Bead Collection
On Friday I taught a class called "Intuitive Beading on Quilts". It was a wonderful day spent in the company of avid hand stitchers and creative quilters. It's so rewarding for a teacher when the students are excited about the topic, listen intensely, fearlessly attempt the techniques, and ask great questions. It was such a great day, and I felt so energized by their enthusiasm, that I could hardly settle down when I got home!


I took these photos of hand stitching so I could share them with you today. 
Auditioning the beads for the project is almost as fun as actually stitching them to the quilt. We practiced various types of stitches, and then learned about using your intuition and creativity to guide the design process (and all the decisions in your life). 


Killarney
Beading is a very relaxing hand stitching hobby and a great way to add texture and bling to a quilted, cross stitched or knitted project. Have you tried beading?
What are you stitching by hand today?
Link up your blog post below and share your progress with us.

   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

15 comments:

Jo said...

Yourlinky button doesn't seem to be working

Jo said...

Well mysteriously it just came up. Must be my end having a hiccup

Anne Ida said...

Looks like you had fun with the bling :-) Never tried beading with my quilting... might give it a go one of these days. Enjoy your Sunday!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I've never tried it but enjoy seeing when you do! :)

The Cozy Quilter said...

I have added some beads to a few projects in the past. Some just need a little bling to finish them off!

Sarah said...

I love a bit of glitz and bling on my projects. I think I might add some beads to my 1 year of stitches! You sound like you had a really fun day.

CathieJ said...

I haven't yet tried beading but I would love to add it to my repertoire. I would like to use it not only on some quilted items, but also on my cross-stitch.

JoanG said...

I beaded a wall quilt that I entered in a guild challenge. It took some time, but I love the sparkle it added to the piece.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Yes, I like to add beads and embellishments to the small mini-quilts I make. One for Mardi Gras got a beaded necklace.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I've added a few beads to some projects--I can see that it would be addictive--lol!

Jackie J said...

It was a fun day, and now I'm hoping to add beads to my next project. Your a great teacher and so patient with us!

Jill said...

Beading on quilts is something that I have admired, but have not attempted. So many pretty beads, so little time.

Kate said...

Sounds like a great class. I've never tried adding beads to a project. I should put that on my bucket list!

Nell's Quilts said...

Thanks again Kathy for a wonderful day on Friday. It was so much fun! Looking forward to using some of my new skills.

Deanna W said...

I was slow stitching along with you last evening but didn't have time during the day for a blog post. I think Jackie needs more beads!!