Wednesday, March 02, 2016

UFO of the Month

Perhaps you noticed the complete lack of posting about the brown sampler quilt I was planning to quilt in February? Thanks for not mentioning it! No progress was made. Not a bit. I'm putting that one back in the UFO closet for now.
I am blaming my Swoon quilt which totally took over my creative brain in February. So if that project is going to be so bossy, I might as well make it my UFO goal for March. I have already finished quilting 4 of the blocks, and will make it my goal to finish quilting the other 5 blocks this month.

First I need to piece some backing pieces. I don't think I have shown the wonderful backing fabric which is from the "Mama said SEW" fabric line by Sweetwater. I was so excited when I found this yardage in a sale bin. I thought I had way more than enough, but have realized that I will need to piece some of the block backings. I am trying to line up the text perfectly which is a bit of a pain. 
To see more UFO goals, hop over to One Monthly Goal

8 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Good idea to make your goal to work on something that is calling to you. That way you are more likely to get it done! I look forward to seeing it done.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Life is too short to spend time sewing something we just aren't interested in. Maybe your passion will come back for the Brown Sampler quilt will come back, maybe it won't. That's the way quilting goes sometimes. Blessings, Gretchen

Janet O. said...

Oh, piecing to line up designs perfectly IS a pain. Been there, done that when I was making quilts for my grandsons with Disney's "Cars" fabric, and there weren't enough of the whole cars that I could fussy-cut to put in the blocks. Learning to piece the bits of cars so that they looked like a whole car was such a learning curve for me! Good luck--I feel your pain!

Mary said...

Remember that those who sleep under a quilt have their eyes closed! don't worry too much about matching the text up. In the whole back it will be hard to see. Nice to see you linked up with Heidi today.

Deb said...

Good idea to put aside something that just doesn't excite you, it will be there when you are ready, knowing you have the next UFO project to work makes life simpler.

Maker Joy said...

Good luck with your 'squeaky wheel'. :)

Nann said...

What a great backing for your gorgeous Swoon blocks. The brown sampler can marinate longer.

June D said...

Looking forward to seeing fabric all together! Best of luck!