Saturday, March 26, 2016

Last Purple RSC



It has been a very productive month for using up the purple scraps kicking around my sewing room. The pumpkin seed blocks have re-emerged. I don't know why since I thought I was done making those, but I'm working on 6 more to hand applique.
Sprouts by traceyjay quilts

Then 3 scrappy sprouts blocks appeared for my fabric garden.

But then the fun really started!
I cut 125 squares and 20 strips to make another Mad City Mama block. I finally figured out what I didn't like about my first block and had an idea of how to make me like the block more. It's always a relief when a project sorts itself out and I know what I'm supposed to be doing!



Mad City Mama (from Adventures with Leaders/Enders)


Here's the finished purple version. I really like the centre block, and the light purple star corners.  So then I went back to the blue block and started to deconstruct it to remove the yellow pieces and replace them with light blue.
To see more RSC projects, hop over to SoScrappy.

24 comments:

Sarah said...

I love your purple block. It really glows!

scraphappy said...

Great solution on the Mad City Mama block. Love how many different purple threads you have.

Deb A said...

Very pretty MCM block! Glad you figured out a way to make you happy with it. Peels are addicting =)

Libby in TN said...

Love MCM. I have the book, will check it out. I missed seeing your blue block but it looks like you have found a formula that will make you happy.

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

Oooh purple is my favorite color! Those sprouts are going to look great in your quilt.

Ivani said...

great purple blocks, your Mad City Mama block says it all: Keep Calm and Stitch On. Happy Easter Time.

Peggyinno said...

Love the little Sprouts! I like the star you created on the MCM block. It gives a focus point to that block.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Great purple projects going on. Love the Mad City MaMa block.

Laura said...

You have great variety in your purple scraps. Love the scrappy sprouts block!

gayle said...

What a gorgeous purple block you've made - Mad City Mama is going to be stunning!
Every time I see those sprouts of yours, I want to make some, too. I think that block is on the top of my list for next year's RSC. 8)

Janet O. said...

Loving all the purple goodness here.
The MCM looks great. You are more patient than I, though, to do that deconstructing!

Mari said...

The Mad City Mama blocks are going to make a great quilt! How smart to do one every month instead of having to do the whole quilt at once! Looks wonderful.

Marly said...

I love the MCM block and your(bean?)sprouts look delicious.

Karen said...

I like the sprouts done in the purples. I don't have much purple fabric. Just never seems to be much available.

LA Paylor said...

I like it all great job.

Pamela Arbour said...

PRETTY PURPLES!!!!

PaulaB quilts said...

It's spring, that's why your seeds and sprouts are growing! The Mad City Mama is new to me. I just love how you've handled the colors. Keep up the good work!

Sally Trude said...

Your Mad City Mama is delightful. You really worked magic with your values.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those scrappy sprouts are just calling to me! I really like that block - so perfect for a scrappy quilt! The Mad City Mama looks great, too!

Katie Z. said...

Yay! Lovely purple scraps.

Kate said...

Very pretty purple scraps and lovely blocks. You are going to have some beautiful rainbow projects to finish soon.

Sheila said...

So much purple variety and FUN!

Mystic Quilter said...

Purples galore here, beautiful. Love the Sprouts!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Completely understand what you mean about projects sorting themselves out and "making sense" . . . happy deconstructing!