Sunday, April 21, 2013

Slow Stitching on Sunday

This is what is in my hoop to hand quilt today. I am working on block #7 of my eternal "Journey of a Quilter" (pattern by Leanne Beasley).
If you are relaxing with a cup of tea while reading blogs today, here are some fun hand quilting sites to visit for inspiration:
*Hand Quilting Tutorial
*Celebrate Hand Quilting
*Tim Latimer 
And if you want to be totally amazed, hop over to visit Teresa's hand quilting marathon at Fabric Therapy. She is attempting to achieve the impossible! Go cheer her on!


Link up your hand stitching blog post below and share your Slow Stitching project.

10 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

There is also a celebrate hand quilting group on facebook with over 500 members. So hand quilting is alive and well and going on all over the world. Tim is amazing with all his stitching and Theresa is amazing. I wish I had smidgen of their talents.

sunny said...

Ooh - I love what you have in your hoop! I've never attempted hand quilting, but I love the look of it!

Yvette said...

Great project in your hoop. I have always wanted to learn hoe to hand quilt. That sire you linked has some great information. I am going to try to find a class at one of the local quilt shops, I really need a hands on class.

Karen said...

Wonderful hand stitching project. Hand stitching is something I really want to learn. Thanks for some suggested reading.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I am falling in love with your project. So charming and beautiful!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Your Journey Quilt is gorgeous. I love the fabrics you picked.

Karen said...

The colors used in your stitcheries work very well with the fabrics you pieced with. A fresh summery look.

Bren said...

I keep switching 2 quilts between my hoop. Both need to get done, so I figure if I spend time on each one every day, I will get them done!
I love the fabrics and color choices in your quilt.

Janet O. said...

Beautiful quilting, Kathy. I have a top I finished about 2-3 years ago and I need to get it basted and hand quilted. I've hand quilted a bed quilt for my oldest three children. Number four is awaiting his. : )

The Slow Quilter said...

I have never done hand quilting, but really want to give a try someday. Although I am called the "Slow Quilter", I like to get things done fast. Love what you are doing, and plan to stop by the suggest handquilters blogs.