Saturday, December 22, 2012

Scrappy Saturday and FNSI Report

Last night was the final Friday Night Sew-In for 2012 and a lot was accomplished. I finished all of Step #4 for the Easy Street Mystery.  
Here are my 145  3.5" green squares, and  64 double flying geese blocks. Step #5 will have to wait now until after the holidays. 
**To see the mystery link up over at Quiltville, click here.
I also cut 56 1.5" bright green squares for my last Knot block. I enjoyed working with happy green scraps for most of the evening! 
A little holiday toasting went on!
Barb found some new glasses at great deals and added them to the "FNSI party equipment box". We tried them all out and they worked just perfectly!
But then we started to have a few issues. When "someone" was cutting fabric for the mystery, she started accidentally slicing through some of the little squares that she needed for the Knot block...yikes! 
Luckily the problem was discovered before all those meticulously cut squares were rendered useless!
To see what other scrappy quilters are up to today, hop over to SoScrappy.
"Keep Calm" all you last minute quilters!

14 comments:

Browndirtcottage said...

,,,,lolol.....you silly having too much fun girls!!!

Merry Christmas!!

Kate said...

Love your vivid colors in your Easy Street blocks.

Sounds like FNSI went out with a bang!

Janet O. said...

Like your revised "saying". : )

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh what fun!! Well, until the murder of that poor innocent little fabric square, that is ... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Your sew in sounds like great fun! So glad that fabric got sliced through and not a finger!!

love the napkin...
pam

Cyn said...

Sounds like you had a ton of fun.
Love the colors you're using for Easy Street. Nice.

Ellen said...

I am glad to hear that all of glasses worked. Sounds like you had a blast!!

Gari in AL said...

I had to laugh when I read that "someone" had cut into your little squares. I did the same thing when cutting the 3.5" squares for step 5 of ES. I cut my strips and then for some reason starting subcutting them 2". I did over 1/2 of the strips before I realized what I was doing so now I have some great "bricks."

Sheila said...

I love all your pretty green Easy Street squares.

Dar said...

Too much fun it sounds like to me. Glad no one got hurt - except the green fabric square. Make note to self "be very careful when I get to Step 5 -- to avoid numerous pitfalls"--glasses filled with liquid refreshments, hiding squares and double check measurements. Got it!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

scraphappy said...

Looks like to much fun may have been going on at your FNSI. The lime greens are looking great.

Kerri said...

Great block sections and post. Love your festive post!

Anonymous said...

Those greens are so delicious! Looking forward to joining some of these units together. Merry Christmas.

Andee said...

Your mystery is looking good!