Monday, September 24, 2012

Design Wall Monday #36

First I just have to tell you that I am pleased as punch to share that Bonnie Hunter posted a photo of my Friday Night Sew-In shenanigans on her blog!  We had such a great time on Friday and it was the perfect way to snap out of my funk from last week. And then to see ourselves on Bonnie's blog yesterday was just the icing on the cake! 
Today my Knot block collection is up on my design wall.
I have been sewing these blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this year - one colour each month (well, blue month resulted in more than 1 block because I have so many blue scraps, and I didn't make one for the 'neutral' month).  This Knot block pattern is from Quiltmaker's 100 blocks magazine issue #3...LOVE those magazines! Each block has 56 scraps from my stash, cut into 1.5" squares, and sewn together with a background fabric to make a 12" block. I think this is one of the most fun quilts I have ever made! I wonder what the remaining colours will be for the challenge this year...what am I missing still...maybe brown? gold? What colour blocks do you think I should I add in?
Hop over to Patchwork Times to see what other quilters are cooking up this week. 

26 comments:

Bonnie said...

Lime green! Great blocks.

Bonnie said...

Lime green! Great blocks.

VivJM said...

This looks great. I'm with Bonnie on the lime green. It's my "must have" colour on all my quilts - it seems to bring out all the other colours.

Denise :) said...

GREAT blocks! I love 'em! And how fun to have a nod from Bonnie on her blog!! Have a great week! :)

Judy D in WA said...

I told you she would love to see your photo!!! :) I felt the same way you did when she posted my photo of the itty bitty hexies.

I just love these blocks and they do make a very fun quilt. I think whatever color is next is going to be perfect!

Ruth said...

These are so cute.

Jackie J said...

Can't wait to see the finished quilt, this is looking great.

Gari in AL said...

If I were choosing colors I would choose lime green and then printed blacks. This is a great quilt so far. Glad you are out of your funk; knew you would be soon.

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow - on Bonnie's blog! You're in the big time girl! :*) Love, Love, Love your rainbow quilt!!! I was wondering too what colors would be left. Not sure I will make any brown pineapples, so I would probably just start on the flying geese in the borders if that color pops up. I didn't do neutral blocks either :*)

Sheila said...

Love it! Looks great! The remaining colors could be brown, black and gray. But I really don't know. Will be interesting : )

Darlene said...

Another fabulous project for me to love. You're rocking it with the dots. :-)

Darlene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

It is amazing how cute a few tiny scraps can be when sewn together...I think you are onto something!

Funky's Mama said...

Pretty! These look so great all put together! Others colors, hmmm. You've already got an aqua block--maybe something from the darker end of the teal/blue-green family. (I may be biased, since that's my favorite color.) And maybe the kind of brown that ropes in dark burnt orange and dark mustard, so it's not too "blah". I'm sure you'll come up with something beautiful!

Vicki H. said...

I love all greens and I think limes and oranges bring out the fun in rainbow quilts. Love it and I need to see If I have this magazine, I would like to try it out!

Mary said...

It was fun to see you on the Quiltville Blog. I recognized you since I had read your Blog before that. You are in great company watching the Quilt Cam! I hope the Funk stays away! Love the knot-y Blocks. Soon Volume 6 will be out! I can hardly wait.

Unknown said...

I love this quilt!

Teri said...

What a cute block. I love those Quiltmaker issues. The quilt will fabulous

Ariane said...

These look amazing!! I love them!!

Brenda said...

just beautiful

Carrie P. said...

such a great scrap quilt.

Cathy Tomm said...

Love it Kathy. So nice to see the blocks you have done so far.

Marei said...

OK, Kathy, I keep telling myself I'm going to make some of these blocks...and now I truly AM! They look beautiful.

Deb A said...

I'm playing catch up after working the last 3 days! Love all your knots together. I'll have to check out Bonnie's blog next!

Jean said...

These look great together....you don't have black or gray either. Be fun to see what comes next.

Brita said...

I love this pattern, what a fun way to use all the colors of the rainbow. Sometimes I find myself using the same colors over and over. Way to go!