Thursday, July 05, 2012

Neil Diamond!

Nothing to do with quilting...
My sister took me to see Neil Diamond last night and it was an amazing concert!
We had "grass seats" and it had poured down rain all day, so we were prepared to party with Neil in the rain! But shortly before the concert began, the sky cleared, and the sun came out!
It is unbelievable that Neil is 71 years old, and put on such a fabulous concert. He sang for hours (sounding exactly like his CD's) without a break, no warm up band, and no intermission... all Neil, all night!
There was such a wide range in the ages of his fans from young people to the elderly, and everyone was singing along at the top of their lungs!
If you want to know what thousands of people singing to Sweet Caroline sounds like, watch this YouTube video...it was incredible!

We now return to your regularly scheduled quilting blogposts...

7 comments:

Jean said...

Sounds like a great time!

The Cozy Quilter said...

My first concert ever was Neil Diamond in Detroit, Michigan. I am singing all those songs along with everyone there!

Barbara said...

I saw him in Phoenix in the late 70's and it was just like that then, too. Great artist. I'm a life-long fan.

Diane said...

I saw him in Pittsburgh in '82 it was a terrific show-his songs are timeless.

Gari in AL said...

And we saw him in Pensacola about 10 years ago and had the same response. DH is a big fan and now so am I. By the way, your header is BEAUTIFUL!

Jeanne said...

I could have met you there!!! Except, I didn't have a ticket. I've always wanted to go to one of his concerts. Glad you enjoyed it.

sunny said...

I think I've been to 3 of his concerts, but it's been awhile. I love Neil.