Thursday, May 31, 2012

UFO Report

May's UFO is finished!
I am very pleased about this finish for many reasons:
1) I loved working with yellow for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge,
2) I was able to finish a project that used up lots of scraps,
3) The hand quilting with perle cotton was very relaxing and I think I am addicted to it now,
4) I tried something new - binding a very irregular edge. I used a straight grain binding for the straight sides, and a bias binding for the zigzag edges and it turned out okay. 
5) I added a few embellishments - a beehive and a few bees.
Now I can't decide if this is a tablerunner or a wallhanging, and whether or not to sew on a hanging sleeve. 
To see other UFO's that were finished this month, hop over to Patchwork Times.

10 comments:

Angie said...

Lovely! The beehive and bees are a great touch. Thanks for sharing!

Bonnie said...

Very nice quilt - and the hand quilting is wonderful. The colors are sun-shiny and happy.

Maya said...

Such wonderful colours - it is a lovely quilt! I vote for wall hanging!

Teresa in Music City said...

Good for you! What a great finish! And I just love that sunny, happy yellow!!!!

Ellen said...

I really like your little quilt...you did such a great job on it!

Kathy said...

All the yellow projects I'm seeing are so pretty ... yours especially so. Love the hand quilting too. Great finish!

Janet O. said...

What clever little embellishments. So appropriate. Great job!

Greenmare said...

LOVE IT!!! the colors are wonderful!

Kate said...

Beautiful quilt. Love the bees! Fun way to multi-task.

Beatrice said...

Hi,
it's gorgeous!
Beatrice.