Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bonnie's on my bed!

I missed out on my weekly design wall Monday posting yesterday, because nothing is on my design wall.  I've been at the hospital almost every day for a week and a half. The good news is that my brother is temporarily out of ICU but may need more surgery, so we are just waiting to hear about that. The infection is slowly clearly and he is breathing better now. The only non-hospital thing I did on the weekend was some laundry, grocery shopping, cooked an Easter dinner for my family, did a quick easter egg hunt for the kids, and then back to the hospital. Which means no time for quilting :(
Last night I did some late night blog hopping (who needs sleep!??!) and found that Bonnie Hunter is hosting a linky party on her Quiltville blog to show "what's on your bed". 
Interestingly, many of the blog posts show that a Bonnie Hunter quilt is on their bed, and I am no exception...I have "Double Delight" on my bed today! 
My photo shows me that I need to make more exciting pillowcases to match this quilt! 
The free pattern for Double Delight is still posted on Bonnie's website - click here to get it. Bonnie freely gives the world so many wonderful quilt patterns, we all need to go buy one of her books to support her creative endeavors. Her books are amazing, great directions, lots of fun projects, tips, and eye candy for quilters. Go check out what other bloggers have posted - click here.


15 comments:

Debbie said...

A gorgeous quilt! Bonnie Hunter is wonderfully generous. So glad your brother is doing better.

Amy said...

One of my ALL-TIME favorite Bonnie designs!!!!!! Your rendition is beautiful.

Jean said...

I am glad your brother is doing better. Your quilt looks awesome...I had to make cute pillowcases to match the quilt on my bed too. I didn't make anything fancy, just cute, bright cases. Love them!

scraphappy said...

Love love love the setting triangles on your Double Delight. Glad to hear there is some improvement in your brother's condition. Hope the news continues to be good and that the next surgery goes well.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Glad to hear your brother's health is improving. I love the quilt on your bed! I did not make that quilt...maybe someday. Take care of yourself! Gail

Janet O. said...

Good news about your brother!
That is a great quilt on your bed. Bonnie's patterns are wonderful. I haven't made this one. You did a beautiful job!

Sandra Kaye said...

Love Bonnie's patterns...great job!! Hugs

bingo~bonnie said...

You are so right, that we need to buy Bonnie's books to support her and her quilting creativeness... Not only are the full of great quilt pics and clear instructions, but I love reading her words about them - what was going on in her life when she was making them... it's like sitting down with her on the phone and talking together. :) You don't get that from other quilt books.

Your quilt colors are so pretty! Great job!

Hope your brother is feeling much better soon and recovery time goes smooth.

Love from Indiana! ~bonnie

Anonymous said...

I hope he continues to improve and regains his strength and health. When I read your earlier post I felt so bad for you and him. In Feb I became suddenly ill and was in the hospital for a week with a blood infection and pneumonia and dehydration, but I didn't get as sick as your brother, however, I know how badly I felt and for him it must be even worse. Take care of you too as you sit by him. xo

Cathy said...

Glad to hear your brother is doing a bit better. Be careful you don't make yourself sick by doing too much, 'cause then you won't be able to help him. You are so right about Bonnie. I love your version of her quilt design.

Candace said...

I'm so glad to hear that your brother is improving. Your quilt is lovely. I haven't done that one yet, but it's on my list.

Paulette said...

That's gorgeous! I love those colors!

Sue Daurio said...

What a beautiful quilt on your bed. I'd want to sleep all the time if that were on mine. Hope your brother recovers quickly. Prayers for you and your family.

Andee said...

Love that we have the same quilt on our beds..your colors and fabrics look great too!

Teresa Rawson said...

That is BEAUTIFUL!! I love the pink, blue and brown together. I think there is laundry that needs to be folded on my bed right now!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)