Sunday, March 04, 2012

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Pink

Yesterday was the first Saturday of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and the colour this month is pink. It was such a busy weekend I didn't have much time to sew. I went to Lunafest this afternoon which is a series of  "short films by, for, about women". Have you ever been?  Here is the YouTube version of my favorite short film this year:

It was a great film festival - very inspiring! Check the website... Lunafest might be coming to a city near you. 
But I know that if I didn't at least play with some fabric this weekend, I wouldn't be able to start the week feeling grounded. So I pulled out my pink scraps and cut the fifty six (yep...56!) 
1 1/2" squares for my "Knot block". I also found a big enough light scrap with light pink words for my background. 
I will be speaking in London, Ontario on Thursday night and and teaching on Friday this week. If you are close enough to join us, click the Friendship Quilters Guild website for more details. The more, the merrier!

8 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Hi Kathy
I am looking forward to seeing you on Thursday and Friday this week in London. Your knot blocks look great and I can't wait to see the finished quilt. Gail

Ellen said...

Your scraps are so pretty - they will make a lovely block. Thanks for the link to the video - I loved it!

Judy D in WA said...

Love your pinks! Your quilt is going to be so fun.
What a great video. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for this one.

Marei said...

Thanks for the YouTube clip. It was wonderful and now I'm going to check out Lunafest.

Merilyn said...

I really enjoyed this little film, thanks so much for sharing it! I'll have to check out a few more!
I look forward to seeing your pink scraps project come to life, the colours are delicious!!!!

Jacqui's Quilts said...

Can't wait for Thursday and Friday this week!! I was just going to send you the link for the LFQG blog, but I see you checked it out already...I'm assuming it was all OK :-). See you soon!

Deb A said...

Lovely pink fabrics. Can't wait to see the blocks they turn into. The blue quilt is lovely, don't you just love when you pull one out and have everything right there to finish it? Good luck.

floribunda said...

I loved the you-tube film, Kathy! thanks.