Saturday, February 18, 2012

Friday Night Sew-In and Rainbow Challenge - Green

A very exciting Friday Night Sew-In went on at my place last night. "What happens at FNSI stays at FNSI", so I can't really divulge much about it, but will tell you that my friend Barb attended, which means fun will ensue! 
I can also tell you that Barb brought along Ronnie the duck, a "prairie point stegasaurus", and a "Frisky Zebra". I cannot explain why the photo is mirror image or figure out how to fix it! Everything was a little crazy at FNSI! To see what other quilters worked on last night, pop over to Heidi's blog and check out the 180+ links.
Some sewing did get done at FNSI, and I finished my "February Knot". The pattern is from the Quiltmaker magazine (Vol. 3) and has 56 green 1 1/2" squares. I don't like it as much as my January Knot, because the colours seem so drab to me, but it sure is a fun block to sew.
To see what other quilters are making with their green scraps, visit Angela's Rainbow Challenge blog.

9 comments:

AnnieO said...

FNSI is a tight-lipped event at your house, lol! Glad you had a good time. Of course I love February's block, it's green!

Janet O. said...

I've never done an official "FNSI" and now maybe I wonder what I am missing. : )
I like your February knot--but then I love all things green!

Patty said...

That is a cool block.

Cathy Tomm said...

You sound like you have a fun Friday night sew in. I sewed too. Your green knot block looks great. If you think it is drab you could have used Lime green or make another one but in Lime. Kidding you. Remember I think of lime green it's own colour.

soscrappy said...

I like the green block. The way the shades gets gradually darker is quie soothing. Sounds like FNSI was lots of fun -- amazing that you finished such a coplicated lock amongst all the giggling.

Ellen said...

Sounds like you both had a great time! I think your block turned out great - I am such a fan of green.

Diane said...

can you really have too much fun sewing with friends-I think not!
I really like your Knot block too.

Scrappy quilter said...

Great block..

Elly D said...

This is a great pattern for scraps! It looks fabulous. I also love your January one :)