Monday, December 26, 2011

Design Wall Monday #48

Since there are 52 weeks in the year and I have 48 design wall monday blog postings for 2011, which must mean I missed a couple along the way! I enjoy the practice of keeping track of what is in my sewing room by posting a design wall photo each Monday, and thank Judy for this inspiration, and for hosting a link up each Monday.
On the design wall today are my first blocks for Orca Bay mystery step #6.  
I am using Elaine's idea of putting the same fabric in the corners to calm the blocks down a bit.
And I am enjoying the relaxing pace of sewing something that doesn't have a Christmas deadline!
Here is my sewing for this afternoon...all the pieces cut and ready to make more star blocks.
I think this quilt is developing a soft and lacy feel to it and is a pleasure to sew.
To see what other quilters are sewing today, hop over to Patchwork Times and then stop by Quiltville for mystery quilt updates.

21 comments:

beaquilter said...

your blocks look great

Diane said...

I really like how your blocks are turning out-love your fabrics!

Brita said...

Love the fabrics you've chosen for Orca! So different from everyone else's! After hearing a friend moan about all the hst's she had to make, I decided it's not for me! But it's going to be gorgeous.

Quilting By Celia said...

Your post gave me the answer to my predicament by using the same fabric in the corners. Because I was using all sorts of blues, the stars were a bit 'lost'.I love your fabrics, I used them on a quilt I recently made.

Elaine Adair said...

Oh boy, Kathy, I just hope we have a good idea! 8-)) Scarey not knowing the end result, isn't it? BTW, your colors are really lovely. Those are my favorites.

AnnieO said...

Beautiful! I like the controlled colorway very much (though Bonnie's kitchen sink approach usually looks pretty terrific too!) I missed a couple of design walls too this year.

Bonnie said...

Good for you to have some of clue 6 done. Keep at it.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your colors are really neat.

Leeanne said...

Oh lovely cosy winter colours

Janet O. said...

I do like the look of these fabrics. They are unique among the Orca Bay posts I have seen.
Yes, no Christmas deadline is delightful. I say it every year, but I am going to get a head start on Christmas for next year. *LOL*

Mary said...

I like that idea you got from Elaine. We'll see how it works out. Maybe I'll make one of these yet, when I get back to my machine after next week. I'm saving the Clues.

LuAnn said...

I am saving the clues but haven't started yet. I like your idea of using the browns instead of blacks. Your blocks are great. Happy New Year.

The Nifty Stitcher said...

I love your fabrics Kathy. Your blocks look really pretty.xx

sao said...

That is a good idea to use matching blocks in the corners of the blocks - that combination of CONROLLED SCRAPPY really looks good!

Good job on your UFO'S too!

sao in Midlothian, VA

Amy said...

Once again.....your fabric choices are BEAUTIFUL! Your quilt will be amazing!

Kate said...

Very pretty blocks. Enjoy your sewing time!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

your blocks are beautiful, the colors are so warm and wonderful

Béa said...

Very beautiful fabrics & blocks. Love their soft look.
Happy New Year , XO

Denise said...

I really like your color choise, your blocks are beautiful!

Candace said...

Your Ohio Stars look really good. I think that you are going to have a beautiful quilt.

Mavis said...

love your colours Kathy!