Sunday, October 02, 2011

Scrappy Sunday

This has been such a busy week with family and work commitments, that I haven't accomplished nearly as much as I had hoped. I had too many things on my "to do" list and didn't even get to see one of my favorite quilt shows this weekend :(
I have been thinking about the thought provoking post by Julie of Me and My Quilts (click on the link to read the "Thinking Thursday" post) and plan to do some writing to focus my thoughts a little more.
When I did have time to sew, I was tired and found it difficult to focus, so I just cleaned up a bit and then started sewing some blocks for the crumb along. I made two 4 patch blocks (on the right) and two 9 patch blocks (on the left). They turned out OK, but it was even more relaxing to just sew bits together with no plan.


The colour of the month for the Rainbow Challenge is orange, so I got out some orange crumbs and managed to get one orange block sewn before I became distracted with mixing orange with pink!





And by then I was feeling very relaxed and happy! I love these blocks and hope that they will play nicely with all the other blocks that I've already made. Making these blocks sometimes feels a little bit like painting...add a little of this colour and a splotch of that, and see what you get! I also learned from the comments on last week's crumb post that I should leave each block alone and not fuss over them... maybe I should do that in real life too! LOL

9 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Thanks for the shout out ... love your blocks!!!

Coloradolady said...

Oh, the colors in these are amazing together. I love the pinks and oranges. This quilt is one of the ones I can not wait to see finished and put together!! :o)

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful crumb blocks! Pink and orange are always neat together.

Jean said...

These are gorgeous! very colorful and pretty!

Janet O. said...

I love all of these blocks, from the deeper, darker side, to the bright orange and pink blends. They all make my heart sing! Beautiful!!

Jo said...

I am very anxious to see your blocks together. Being I am not a batik girl, it always amazes me to see them. They are looking great!

Ellen said...

Gorgeous - they make me smile just looking at them!

Merilyn said...

Gorgeous blocks in those magnificant batik fabrics!!! I love them!!!

Laurie said...

Oh Kathy, I love you crumb blocks!! I didn't even think of using all batiks... yours are wonderful! Thanks for posting a comment on mine. :)