Thursday, July 14, 2011

UFO progress - Celebration 9 patch

Last week my July UFO was a pile of 9 patch blocks.
I have been making slow progress and have finished sewing most of the sashing strips...

and...
the border, which is made from the 3" 
9 patch blocks. I'm not sure of how the quilt layout is going to work out, and I really hope my math skills are fairly accurate (crossing my fingers) because I don't have a lot of that red fabric that I want to use for the border and binding.
Now I am working on sewing the rows together and so far I am loving the random piecing of this project. It was my very ambitious goal to get the quilt top together by the middle of July, leaving me 2 weeks for the quilting and binding. Do you think I will make my goal??!?

12 comments:

Janet O. said...

Don't know about your deadline, but I love the scrappiness of the components you are making!

scraphappy said...

I'm sure you can make it if nothing else comes up. What are the odds of a couple of nice calm weeks?

Helen in the UK said...

Now you have all your units made, the top will probably come together quickly. Depends how much time you can give to it the rest of the month, but it is potentially doable! Good luck :)

Cathy said...

That sashing you have hanging there looks nice enough to make its own quilt with those fabrics and that layout. So when it goes into the nine patch quilt, it will look fantastic.

AnnieO said...

Good progress indeed! Like you, I thought I would have my UFO together by now too. Better get to work this weekend!

Terri said...

I'm new here, and I'm confused... nothing new. I love the "white" rectangles with the rich color tabs. Is that the center of the 9 patch quilt? You are so creative!

Amy said...

Hmmm....now I'm curious as to how a top will emerge from the two pictures you posted. Do plug ahead and share, share, share :0) Always a fan of new, FUN scrappy quilts.

julieQ said...

You can do it!!! What a wonderful setting you are working on!!!

Ivani said...

I bet you will!
hugs

Quilts And Pieces said...

I don't know but I love it so far!

Deb A said...

That will be lovely! I think you can do it.... it is amazing what you can get done in little slots of time. Good luck.

Vivian said...

Your parts are made and your plans are set. With preparation like that, you're bound to make your deadline. Let's just hope life doesn't get in your way, as it so often does when we have a deadline. At least that's the way mine works out so often.