Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mystery Quilt Update - Step #6

The stomach flu has been travelling around my family for the last week and I sure do hope that we have finally rid the house of these pesky germs. It has been a welcome relief to have some easy sewing to do in between taking care of sick family members, and I have been making some progress on Bonnie's mystery quilt.
Step #6 is well under way. ..
Part 1 of this step is to sew the rows of 5 HST's together and I am pinning them in groups of 10. I need 120 of these and most of the HST's are finished.

Part 2 of this step was fun and quick to sew, and I have finished 172 of these.

I have to admit that I have peeked ahead to the last step and although I love the finished layout, I decided not to make the same layout. I skipped step #3 of making the light string blocks, so I'm going to try a layout using only the blocks I have the parts to make.

9 comments:

LuAnn said...

Today I'm going to work on the two steps that you show in your photos. I have to put the brown triangles on the ends of the units and then make more red/neutral HSTs. I love the string blocks and really enjoyed making them. I'll be back to see how your quilt turns out. Love your snowy woods header.

julieQ said...

You go girl!! I had the string blocks made...but thought, hey, why not try something a little different?? Good luck, I can't wait to see what you do!!

Michelle said...

Way to go! Have you checked out JulieQ's layout? it's pretty awesome without the strings.

Barb said...

I love your header....and well..can't wait to see this quilt finished.

AnnieO said...

Love the colors in this mystery quilt--can't wait to see yours together. I have no love for the string blocks so will look forward to what your second option is! Hope everyone stays well at your house now.

Comfort Cove Designs said...

that's alot of hsts!!!!! can't wait to see the layout you choose!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

Toni said...

You are rolling along - even being germy?! Wow! You are dedicated!! It's looking good!

Libby said...

That is an impressive stack of blocks *s*

Helen in the UK said...

Look forward to seeing the alternative layout you come up with as I LOVE the main block in the mystery :)