Thursday, January 06, 2011

Happy Day

I had an enjoyable sewing time today working on my Layer Cake Quilt Along blocks with my Happy Layer Cake.
This is block #4 Starry Starry Snowball by Sherri.
I had a little trouble with the centre block due to a cutting error...yikes! I had to border the centre block with the purple stripe to bring it up to the proper size. I kind of like how the error turned out!

Then I moved on to block #5 Rainbow Boxes by Cara.
I was happy to be able to use up the scraps I had saved from previous blocks, and really enjoyed sewing the corner blocks.  But I think the finished block looks a bit like a dog's breakfast!
Oh well...it is the process that I love. It's one of my favorite things to putz around with a pile of fabric and cut up little pieces and wonder how a block will look when it's all sewn back together. And at the end, I don't really care if it's my cup of tea or not...it was fun!
If you want to see other Layer Cake Quilt Along blocks, visit the Flickr Site - click here.
I have soooooo many block projects on the go...am I completely crazy to consider starting another one?!? (Don't answer that!) How can I resist the new Civil War Quilt by the amazing Barbara Brackman?!?!

5 comments:

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks, such bright colors. Congratulations on getting caught up. I'm looking forward to getting the next block!

Gina said...

Love the fabrics you are using.
I like your dog's breakfast block and in a sampler you won't notice it that much anyway

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Diane said...

love your blocks, and I keep forgetting to say I LOVE your header picture
(if I did tell you that already, we'll blame it on the meds I'm on right now for my nasty sinus infection--hack, hack, cough, cough, sputter)
I'm thinking of doing BBrackmans'CW blocks too---haha only 7 days into the year and I'm starting a new project-no willpower.

Thelma said...

That Barbara Brackman block of the week sure is tempting, that was news to me, thanks for the information and the link.....I'm not sure I'm up for a new block every week, I'll follow your progress then decide!

Your Starry Starry Snowball looks great, I would have never guessed you added the border to bring it up to size, 5 blocks done, Great Job!!

Unknown said...

so sorry you didn't like the block. Hopefully you'll not mind it in the sampler with all the others.