Thursday, November 04, 2010

Embarrassment of Riches!

It sure has been a month for treats arriving in my mailbox and I am excited to show you what I have received.

First of all I got my Celebration 9 patch blocks from a swap that Julie hosted. I am not sure how many blocks I have all together now, but aren't they great?!?  I have some of the 6" size and some 3" blocks in a wide range of rich colours.  I have enjoyed seeing what some of the other swap recipients are planning to make with their blocks... you can read about the plans of AmyCarolyn, and Annie. I have no idea what I'm doing with my blocks yet, beyond admiring them...I am open to suggestions!



I swapped a few extra 9 patch blocks with Darlene and she also sent me this adorable scissor fob that she made. I am thinking of attaching it to my rotary cutter, which I tend to lose on a regular basis. (If any of my guild members are coming to the Quilt Bee on Saturday, you can see it up close & in person!)






Do you remember the Fall into Fall quilt blogger giveaway?
I was the lucky winner of this baby quilt kit from Linda at Stray Stitches! I don't have any babies on the horizon to make this for, but you just never know! Don't you love the fancy card she sent with the really cool 3D handbags!?!





And then I received this surprise package in the mail from Paula in Wisconsin, who needed some fabric that I had, so I sent it to her.
What a wonderful surprise!



But wait...there's more...

My friend Barb went to a quilt show and picked up these fun Halloween fat quarters for me! Watch for them to become borders for these blocks.


And more...
Out of the blue, a quilter named Sheila that I met when I was doing a trunk show in Simcoe several years ago sent me these wonderful scraps from some of her hand dyed fabrics, which she just couldn't bring herself to throw out! I already have an idea what to do with them, but just need T I M E!!
I am beyond thankful for all of these wonderful serendipitous treats and send a big thank you to:  Julie, all the 9 patch block swappers, Darlene, Linda, Paula, Barb and Sheila!!
Because my work is with survivors of trauma and violence, I sometimes find myself thinking that the world is mostly made up of angry and violent people, and forget that there lots of fabulous, wonderful and generous people. So I thank each one of you for these colourful reminders of the goodness of quilters!

12 comments:

Jeanne said...

What a nice collection of 'reminders' you have there. Quilters are the best!

Karen said...

That stack of nine patches would be fun to play with.

Millie said...

Nice 9 patches...I think 9 patch quilts are so beautiful.

AnnieO said...

Wasn't it fun to sort the 9 patches them into color groups! I see the two of mine you ended up with in there....:) Lots of patterns work well with these patches since they are a good standard size. I'll look forward to see what yours become.

Great fun in your mailbox indeed!

LuAnn said...

I love those 9 patches. They will make a great quilt no matter how you set them.

Darlene said...

I love my 9 patches, as well. Thank you for doing a little swap with me. teehee! I'm glad you like your scissor fob - it's from my heart to your hands to say thank you.

Gina said...

What wonderful goodies. I love the halloween fabric

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Toni said...

OOO what a wonderful bunch of goodies!!

Linda said...

Whoo Hoo you ht the jackpot.
Great stash.

scraphappy said...

What a lovely collection of goodies. I made a Sister's Choice quilt with nice nine patch centers using Bonnie Hunter's pattern. It is a nice pattern and turns out so well.

Paula said...

I was wondering if you gotten the package I sent. Glad it arrived and hoping you enjoy it.
Love all the 9 patches you got. You are going to have a wonderful time with them.
I got the binding almost done on my quilt. Thank you again. I will send a picture when it is complete.
Have a great week-end and stay warm.

May Kristin said...

Look forward to see what you will make from your great selection of nine patches!
I've got mine too, but haven't had time to do anything with them yet!
How fun, I can spy a couple of my blocks in there!