Monday, November 15, 2010

Design Wall Monday #42

Today I have my old friend "BeAttitudes" on my design wall. You last saw this project in August when I had 7 blocks completed (click here for that post).  At this point I consider the quilt top to be almost 3/4 of the way done, and somehow it feels very exciting and hopeful that this quilt is "almost done"! LOL
I have block 9 fused and just need to do the letters "Be Smart", and then the machine buttonhole stitching.
On the weekend I wasn't very smart!
In a moment of weakness, I started a new project.
I think I need to go to "Quilter's Anonymous".
"Hi. I am Kathy. I have no willpower over starting new quilts."
I saw this layer cake called "Happy" from Me and My Sister Designs when I was away with my sisters. I ask you, how could I possibly resist buying it?!?! Check back tomorrow to see what I'm making!
And when you have time for blog surfing, grab a cup of tea and go see what other quilters have on their design walls today - click here for Judy's Design Wall Monday postings.

15 comments:

Chris said...

I am just like you. There is just that thrill of starting a new quilt!! I guess that is why my UFO list needs its own binder.

Denise :) said...

Kathy, it's be-youtiful! :)

Gina said...

I love the new layer cake. I can't wait to see what you'll be making with it

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Pam in KC said...

I'll join you. I started a new project myself this weekend. I resisted for nearly a month before I couldn't stand it any longer.

Diane said...

Oh there is that cute quilt again and yours is jogging my memory of seeing it here before and wanting to make it too -and I have the book. sigh.

Mary said...

I'm with Diane, I have the book and even some of the fabrics all in a bag waiting to be made. Your's looks just like the one on the Book. It's ok to have more than one project going. I think it comes with the Quilter's A D D. I have it too.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I started a new project in the last few days too...We could both join QA(quilters' anonymous!). That layer cake looks interesting. I will check back to see what you are going to make.

Kate said...

Your BeAttitudes quilt is coming along nicely, very cute. Look at starting a new quilt this way, if you don't start new quilts you can't bust stash or have new things for Design Wall Monday, so you've already got a solution to what to blog about. Love the layer cake you've choosen.

AnnieO said...

Your blocks look really good! I love this quilt.

I am terribly weak too--bought a Quilts and More mag yesterday and am now hot to make one of the quilts as a gift for our Bunco gift exchange!

Karen said...

Such an inspiring quilt that you are working on. If only we could be and do all that it says.

Zlaty said...

Love your Be Attitudes blocks! I am still on my second block! Thanks for the inspiration!

Nancy said...

Oh Kathy, Kathy if there was such a group it's membership would be full!!

Teaquilts said...

Good to see the progression of your Be attitudes blocks.

Gari in AL said...

I think I need to join a support group, myself. Where do I sign up? ;-)

Linda (Petey) said...

Let me in your support group please! I also am doing the "Be Attitudes". I only have 3 blocks done...trying to do one a month. Your looks good.
Also working on a 150 year Civil War tribute. Keeps my out of trouble, so far!