Monday, May 17, 2010

Design Wall Monday #20

I have been playing with my Cherrywood fabric scraps and trying to get a little more organized about this leaders and enders project that I wrote about on this blog post last month. At that time I was cutting 1 1/4" squares and making little 4 patch blocks. This is what I have on the design wall today.
They have become double 4 patch blocks. I am not matching anything, just picking up random 4 patch blocks and 2" squares from a pile and sewing them together. I'm getting down to the bottom of the "grab bags for crazies" that I bought last year so I have to make some design decisions now. I had thought about alternating an hourglass block but today I'm thinking that a triple 4 patch would be fun!
And did you notice that Judy posted the cutting instructions for her new mystery quilt? Click here to get cutting. I am still washing my fabrics but I'll soon be ready to go!
Click on over to Judy's blog to see the other design wall photos posted.

6 comments:

Diane said...

I like it! I have a very hard time just randomly sewing patches together. I try but then I'll find myself "double dipping" to find a 2nd patch. (bad diane!)

Zlaty said...

I am inspired to use my scraps too! Great project!

Have a great creative week!

Shelley said...

Interesting color combos.....

Barb in Mi said...

I like it - and for scrap quilts the rule is: anything goes! Thanks for mentioning the cutting for Judy's mystery quilt - I hadn't seen it yet.

Ivani said...

A great use of scraps, I like it.
hugs,
Ivani

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Oh, I like this one! A lot!

I have not had much time to check out everyone's design walls this week. Sigh....

And hey, thanks for your comment about my mom. I do appreciate your words.

glen - also a social worker from waaaaay back!