Sunday, March 29, 2009

A little face lift for Spring

I gave my blog a little face lift tonight...don't know what got into me, maybe it's Spring Fever?!?
I just wanted a change, and made everything match my new little quilt that my friend Judy made for me (the photo at the top of my blog). Judy and I had ourselves a little mini challenge...we each had a Quilt Diva FQ of fabric and we were supposed to make a mini quilt from the fabric. On the left is the centre of my mini.
Judy made a half a dozen quilts and here are her minis! Aren't they wonderful!?! I have my "Kathy quilt" hanging in my quilt studio and enjoy looking at it when I am sewing.
This is the mini I made from my Quilt Diva FQ. It uses the same block as in this quilt and all of these quilts. I machine quilted some feathers in the corners but the fabric is so busy you can't notice the quilting. I will be donating this mini quilt to my quilt guild's mini raffle at the Quilt Show in the fall.

4 comments:

Sweet P said...

Those mini quilts are adorable!

scraphappy said...

Wow are those bright! What perfect colors for spring. I love the way mini's are done so much faster than big quilts.

Maggi said...

What a lovely colour combination and such beautiful little quilts. Loos like you both had fun

Jean said...

It is fun to challenge yourself with something like this. You both did a great job. Love the letters on the names. Were they part of a panel?