Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

There is a brief lull in the festivities in our household and I need to sit down and rest a minute! So what better thing to do than log onto blogger and wish my quilting friends a very Merry Christmas!?! The kids are all in electronic heaven (playing Rockband and PSP 3000) and DH is having a wee nap (one would think he stayed up until 1:30 wrapping gifts and loading stockings!!?!) Here is my lovable Molly Santa dog wishing you a Merry Christmas! She hates the Santa hat but she looks so adorable that we just have to put it on her!
All my gifts are finished and wrapped. I am quite happy with how the gifts for my nieces and nephews turned out. If you have read my blog for a while, you will know that I insist on making something for them every year. In 2006 I made each of them a photo calendar. In 2007 I made them each a flannel pillow (click here to see them). This year I made these fabric bags. Here they are hanging from left to right for the youngest to the oldest. I was inspired by this pattern by Jennifer Casa. I made mine 9" across and used batting instead of interfacing. I ditched the pocket after sewing the first one on the back by mistake and decided that the pockets were not worth the hassle.
And what is going in the bag? These treats which I first found on Peggy's blog here. I made them with kisses and hugs, but the hugs were really melty and don't look as pretty as these.
Well, I guess I better get back to the kitchen and start working on supper preparation.

I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

Adorable. You certainly are a super Auntie. Do you by chance have a photo of the 2006 Photo Calendar? Merry Quilting

Julie said...

I don't know what happened, but I didn't receive my cute fabric bag filled with goodies. I guess it got lost in the mail. LOL.
I hope you and your family had a Merry Christmas.

Carole said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Lovely bags!

ShinyNewThing said...

Kathy, Merry Chnristmas to you also and all your family. I wish i got time to read your blog more often, you are always an inspiration. best wishes for a great 2009, Sharon