Thursday, October 23, 2008

Miniature Wheel of Mystery

My miniature "Wheel of Mystery" is finished!
By finished, I mean quilted, bound, and labelled!
It was really fun and I'm going to start at least 2 more variations on the theme. But you know me...that might not mean I actually finish those!
See this post to read about the beginning of the quilt. I appliqued the blocks using a fusible. Then I pin basted the quilt and stitched in the ditch of each seam line using King Tut thread, one of my many thread favorites.
Then I free motion quilted around each appliqued piece. After quilting the first block I noticed a little bit of fraying on the edges which I didn't like, so I put some "Fray Check" around each appliqued piece and let that dry before I quilted them.
For the border quilting, I just extended the curved lines from the blocks out to the edges. I just eye-balled this and it turned out OK, but I was wishing I would have taken the time to draw out the lines and it would be more accurate. Luckily the border is a busy print, and hopefully noone but me will notice that!! The lighting in this photo shows the quilting well but does not show the true colours of the quilt.
Yahoo...another quilt project finished!
Now back to quilting the elephant in the room!!!

5 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

I use Fray Check in my knitting. If I use a non-woolen yarn it does not stick to itself when I weave the tail ends in so I use a dot of Fray Check to stick in the end.

Gina said...

I love it. The quilting is great on it

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Wow that's an amazing little quilt!

Juliann in WA said...

this is a beauty - looks like your creative juices are really flowing

Sweet P said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! Great job on it.